Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm a genius

After 3 years of procrastination and almost 1 failed paper I have finally come up with a solution to get my work done.

Procrastinate BEFORE I study, not WHILE I study.

I feel smart right now. I just wrote 2 hours worth of pure bullshit into my engineering design exam and I'm quite pleased with it. A combination of lots of computer games coupled with the occasional 10 chapters(200 pages) of manga every 5 minutes and having my books open in front of me seemed to have worked this time round. However, through superior understanding and certain powers of prediction I have also deduced that this ingenius strategy may not work so well in the future.

That's because my future soon-to-be-in-the-past exams are HARD.

Well hard for me anyway which is, in the end what matters. To me. Yes. Even as I write this I look at my ever decreasing time left til my exams and wonder if I should lock myself in a soundproof box with only my mechanics books and a bottle of vodka. It could be the birth of another drunken master, only with less on the master part and more on the drunken part.

Okay the vodka is a bad idea, forget I mentioned it.

But back to the topic at hand, some isolation could be seriously good for me. When I want to study I can study around noise, girls and even Koreans but I can't, no matter how desperate I am, study around a computer which has the capability to play dota. There should be a DotA/WoW quitline because I think that this problem right now is quite a bit worse than smoking or drinking or doing drugs through glass elephants. Our generation is having our minds depleted, sucked, immobilized, frozen, shaken, maybe even annihilated through the onslaught of gaming and information which grows daily like an unseen plague. Even as we speak or type, millions of kids are playing Grand Theft Auto and smashing people's cars and shooting mafia bosses in that virtual reality. Is this really the sort of experience people should be letting their children go through?

I have no idea as I don't like Grand Theft Auto.

I don't get what others see in that game. All that comes across is senseless violence and degenerated graphics with the occasional virtual prostitute and lots of animated blood and broken glass. I find it absent of class, enjoyment and skill unlike DotA which is the epitome of strategy, skill and experience.

Enough of that. Time to study.

3 comments:

  1. o.o you still have exams? my other friend in engineering finished yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing AP lol, 2nd year stuff >.< ITS A PAIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Winnie's blog led me to this.

    girls<dota. I am worried about your health.

    this is Lucee btw.

    ReplyDelete