Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How long has it been... like 3 hours? Did y'all miss me?

This is getting serious.

What started off as procrastination is now turning into a phenomena that is encroaching the depths of my mind. Okay, maybe that's going a bit far but how long has it been, like 3 to 4 hours since my last blog post? I initially started this blog so that my grammar and writing skills don't disintegrate after long hours staring at a computer screen and analysing shear force diagrams(of which still make no sense to me) but unfortunately this seems to have created more problems rather than solutions.

So here I am, writing a blog post at 2:36am because I REALLY REALLY suck at studying.

I think I have a disorder. I name it the "OMG I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW and let's play some dota guys" disorder. I'm sure there's other names and other instances for this problem but this was the most specific name I could think up of. Other variations of this disorder include: "F*** IM SO SCREWED FOR EXAMS let's check my facebook" and the infamous "SHIT SHIT IM SO DEAD FOR MY EXAM IN 4 HOURS come to think of it I'm really hungry let's get a big meal". Symptoms may vary between person to person but the general gist is the same.

We as humans love to procrastinate.

Well, most humans anyway. Those that don't tend to be quite outstanding as they don't spend 99.5% of their time on Restaurant City or Mafia Wars and instead go running or play sports. I believe we should all take a note out of these people's books and start exercising as a form of stress relief. You get a fresh supply of oxygen and spend your excess energy while you don't destroy your eyes staring at a dull screen which also has a tendency to freeze and cause more grief. It makes you think, or it makes me think anyway that if the person who invented the concept of the computer really knew what kind of parasitic contraption he had just conjured. My studies show that using a 95% confidence interval, I can approximate my time spent in front of a screen to be most of my time. Maybe that was not very helpful. I'll give a brief example. I wake up, go on the computer. Eat breakfast, watch some TV. Eat Lunch, go on the computer. Eat dinner, play some DotA. Get the picture?

The day my self control kicks in is the day I become successful, or so I hope.

2 comments:

  1. but you can't just sit around and wait for your self control to act up =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see what's stopping me :D

    ReplyDelete